This is a great opportunity to become part of a team of IT professionals in the Lafayette area. IT Specialists maintain and improve the technical systems of a company to ensure all employees have the technology they need to complete their work and the organization’s important files and information remain safe and intact.
- General computer system maintenance and management at all Locations and for all users.
- Respond to requests for service, assistance, and training (HELP DESK FUNCTION)
- Support the firm's overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations, or new systems and report to upper management.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair hardware and software problems.
- Maintain network and e-mail user accounts.
- lnstall and configure new or upgraded software and hardware.
- Modify existing software to meet staff needs.
- Maintain basic system security, to include firewalls and VPN protocols.
- Maintain orderly files for hardware, software, system documentation, licenses and warranties.
- Attend seminars to maintain improve information technology knowledge.
- Design and maintain documentation of computers, network, and VPN.
- Must have thorough Windows/MS Office knowledge.
- Must have thorough knowledge of PC hardware and software
- TCP/IP knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with management and staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Service minded, organized and ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Sound judgment and logical decision-making are critical in this position