Given our niche in the market with helping physician practices and small to medium-sized businesses launch and maintain their IT environment, many friends and client family members have asked us what they need to be paying attention to or need to be prepared while planning to work from home for longer than they expected.
In this blog, we will dive deeper into all of the aspects that we thought about, prepared for, and implemented as we set up our own remote, home-based working environments while maximizing efficiency and safety.
Keep reading to see how It experts set up their remote working environments.
In a previous blog, we skimmed the service regarding the safety risks with remote work by helping users create safe passwords and make sure their networks were encrypted and locked down.
But, in this blog, we will touch on all the other items that IT experts think about when consulting others and themselves for setting up a home or remote-based work environment.
Managed IT Services
The following items are all crucial pillars for growing organizations as they look to level up their own skills and free up time, most business owners look to an IT management company to take the following items and responsibilities off of their hands while they focus more on the business and less in the business.
- Email Hosting or management via services like O365, or G-Mail
- Server administration/configuration whether onsite or through Azure/AWS
- Hardware as a service
- Equipment life-cycle management
- Remote PC management and proactive services ( we automate many processes to stop problems before they happen)
- Application deployment
- VOIP phone system
- Vendor Management (one stop shop for all IT problems)
- Enterprise level WiFi management and configuration
- ScreenConnect remote access client (easily connect to your remote PC from any device)
Focusing On Security
As we mentioned earlier, anytime you are placing your organization's contents on the cloud in jeopardy by logging in on unsecured networks or beyond the encryption of your office's VPN, that's when bad people on the internet are allowed to do bad things with your data.
IT experts know better and implement the following precautionary measures and items themselves or they consult experts that ensure their data is secure.
- Managed Offsite Backup
- Managed AV
- Firewall and VPN configuration and maintenance
- Patch Management
- Directory Services – IE Active Directory, Azure AD, etc
- Risk Assessments available
Focusing on Medical Integration
Aside from the two areas above regarding security and managed IT services, the following behind the scenes items are often overlooked by those new to creating remote workspaces and managing data in the Medical field:
- IT Project management
- HL7 configuration (Mirth Development)
- HL7 Project Management
- RIS/PACS administration and consultation
Ready To Secure and Improve Your Organization's Remote Work Efficiency?
We hope you have found a good rhythm thus far in your new working environment and routine.
If you or your company could use a little extra guidance or an extra level of security, contact us today to see how we can help keep your systems running as smooth as the services that your business offers.
What Services Does CITE Tech Offer?
At CITE Technology we offer superb tech support services by offering:
- Fast and Reliable to get your problems resolved quickly without much downtime
- 24/7 tech support
- Remote or On-Site support
- A wide range of technological expertise
- Top tier support from our experienced staff
Don't wait until a software problem or connection issue stalls your operations and eats into your profits.
ABout CITE TEchnology
We provide comprehensive IT solutions for small and mid-sized organizations with complex needs. Offering 24/7 Tech Support, Remote Support and Cloud Storage. We specialize in data management, VOIP, medical imaging, HL7 interfacing, and HIPAA compliance.